Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Alive!


So get this, Triumph's have a positive ground! I got the bike all wired up and put a battery in and every time I hooked it up it blew the fuse. I got so freaking frustrated until I took a good look at the wiring diagram and noticed that it showed the positive terminal on the battery as the ground. Said WTF, turned the battery around and it worked. I had lights! Kicked it for about 30 min after that and couldn't get it to fire. Tested the spark plug wire and got a constant 12V even when not being kicked. That told me I have stuck points. Dallas arrived about then and tore into my points. Cleaned them, gapped em and she fired right up. Blowing a lot of smoke and gobs of old oil, but I'm thinking it's just seepage from 20 years of sitting. Hopefully it'll burn off and I'll be good to go. Here's video!

No comments:

Post a Comment