Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Volumetric Efficiency



After some good advice on exhaust from Adam and Todd at Pro Power Performance, I've started to learn about volumetric efficiency and realized that my old exhaust was holding my bike back. Already had some 1.75" straight pipe but I went to Boise Muffler and those guys sold me some U bends as well as expanded some pieces for me. I tacked my pieces together then took a crack at making a merge collector that is running into a 2.5" pipe. I hope this really helps the bike out. I like the race look of the exhaust and over all think it really helps the looks of the bike. I could stitch it together with my MIG but since I'm not wrapping it, I'm taking to a guy to TIG it up tomorrow.

Note: yes the 2.5" is sagging but that will be fixed when I mount it.

No comments:

Post a Comment