Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Triumph Chop - Microphone Tail Light

You can turn pretty much anything into a tail light. This is the method that I've used before but never taken pictures of. Bought a vintage microphone and removed the mic from it. I always have to draw out what I want to do so I don't screw it up. Bought an 1157 Red LED light and an 1157 socket. From there, it's just working with what you've got. My mic body has a little lip on the inside so I turned a washer down to fit snug on that lip. Welded a 2" pipe to it and then used another washer for the light socket. A couple really basic tabs with some bolts and there you have it. I like using the Red LED cause I don't have to use a lens. Hope you all find this info helpful. Before I had a lathe I always did the exact same thing with my bench grinder and hand files. 














No comments:

Post a Comment