Sunday, March 21, 2010

About my Bike

So this sucker started life as a 1980 Harley Sportster XLH. I picked it up in Northern Washington for $1700. I welded on a hardtail. I took pictures of the whole build and probably have a couple hundred pics. The tank is an old sporty tank that I cut the bottom out of and mounted frisco style. I made the bars, seat, all the mounts, taillight, license plate mount, all the small fabbed crap. I'm running road rashed and chipping Jaybrake foward controls that I made mounts for. Just finished up the pipes and have a used S&S Super E on the way. The list of things till she's finished is down to 6 things. While I'm only posting a couple pics here, you can see the whole build with all the pics on the XLForum HERE.

Here she was the day I brought here home:



Here's how she's sitting now:






Well, this should just be the beginning. I'll not only post about my bike, but also about projects, new tools, your projects, events or whatever. Feel free to comment!

1 comment:

  1. even though i know it is just the lighting, but your hardtail looks somewhat gold.

    Also, I see how the rear exhaust helps the bike- instead of the sportster's pipes going across the wheel, your pipes go up in the air, away from the wheel, matching your front stem. nice!

    ReplyDelete