Monday, March 22, 2010

The Next Project

I'm not even done with my Harley but I had the opportunity to trade my AR-15 for a Yamaha XS650. The guy I traded with was the former owner of Beasleys Old Skool Bobbers and Choppers out of Garden City. Out of the deal, he got an AR-15 and I got an XS650 motor (rebuilt), hardtail frame, axels, fender, head and tail light, seats, brackets, exhaust, bars, tank and a bunch of other stuff.

First thing I need is a rear wheel so I can set up my chainline and make my motor mounts. Next is a front end. I have a couple options. I would love to go cheap and Vintage Cycles on Chinden is willing to give me a dirt bike front end with triple trees and wheel for $75 plus a box of bike parts I'm never going to use. I would rather not do business with them since they seem to act like jackasses most of the time, but it is my cheapest option. If I go with the dirt bike front end, It will give me a chance to use my lathe to spin up a 1" stem and weld it into the dirt bike triple tree. I recently made about $400 selling some crap on ebay so that's all I'm going to use to finish the bike. Shouldn't be a problem. Really all I'm looking at is a front end $75, rear wheel $50 and a stock wiring harness and carbs. Add in all the small things and I don't think I'll have a problem staying below $400.


















At the junk yard
If you got a rear harley wheel you want to sell me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment