Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Street Tracker Part 1 - The XR600 Street Tracker Project



Ever since I sold the bike, I've been thinking about riding this summer. I must ride! But what could I do that's cheap. I set up some criteria:

1. Must be cheap
2. Minimal amount of fabrication
3. Reliable
4. Readily available cheap parts

Then after stopping in at Pro Power Performance to catch up with Todd and Adam, Todd said that he thought it would be cool to have a Street Tracker style bike. My first thought was, "what the hell's a Street Tracker". So I googled it and sure enough, it's pretty bad ass. In addition, the whole concept meets my criteria. One of the first bikes I ran across online was a 1985 XL600R. The picture above is the Roc Street Tracker found at http://street-tracker.blogspot.com/. It started life as a 1985 XL600R.

Pretty cool huh? Well just so happens a 1985 XR600 is for sale here and I'm gonna buy it! He wants $1100 but $900 is in my budget. Hoping he comes down. That's a pretty cheap start. I even picked up a tank to use. It's from a early 70's Harley Aeramacchi.

3 comments:

  1. I will be stoked to see this old tank match the headlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what's the best thing to do with the frame. The frame is white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To OP, I feel your pain. I have an XL that need major work (parts bike) and looking at an XR for around the same price. GL!!

    ReplyDelete