Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Street Tracker Part 2 - Cost Breakdown


Sat down today and started working the overall cost to build my street tracker. The list below pretty much gets most of it. Things it doesn't cover: registration, insurance, tubes, small parts, tune up items. But it serves to show how cheap this can actually be.




Some more details about the front wheel. I wanted to go with an 18" front and rear wheel and mount 5.10x18 tires. It's really freakin hard to find an 18" front wheel. So from Vintage Cycles I bought a rear wheel from an XR and I ordered spokes from Buchanan Spokes. Once they get here, I'll lace my front hub up to the rear rim. Should be pretty sweet. I'll make sure to document the whole process. I can lace up a bicycle wheel so I don't imagine a motorcycle should be any harder...guess I should add a spoke wrench to the list.

1 comment:

  1. Hey mate, are you still open for questions?
    This is one of my favourite bikes, I've been eyeing-off this bike for weeks.
    Sorry to hear you sold it on!
    I bought an XR600 today, and I'd love to ask you a couple of things if you're up for that.
    Hopefully I can build something that roughly resembles this work of art!
    Cheers
    -Carl

    ReplyDelete