Wednesday, December 7, 2016

1975 Honda CB125S Brat Seat Pan

The seat pan is pretty much done.

I started with a piece of 18 gauge sheet and roughed out the shape of the seat pan.



I then annealed the sheet metal to make the middle soft where I would bend it to shape and also annealed the edges so I could round the edges to fit the radius of the frame.



Next I tacked the front portion of the original seat pan to the piece I made. I then made paper templates to box in the front of the seat pan, finished welded the whole thing then hit it with a flap disc to smooth it all out. As far as attaching it to the frame, I have become a believer in the industrial type plastic velcro. I know it sounds ridiculous but I've used it in different places on several builds and the stuff is amazing. Something like 1 inch of it ill hold 10lbs. I'll put a couple strips on the side and 1 in the back and it should be good to go. Guess the next step is shaping the foam.



No comments:

Post a Comment