Thursday, December 8, 2016

1975 Honda CB125S Brat Rear Fender and Bars

Time to start on the rear fender. I had planned to use a Triumph front fender on the rear however after thinking about it, I liked the idea of using the original fender and just cutting a section out of the middle, grafting it together and throwing on there. Here's how I did it.

Started with taping off where I wanted to cut both on the front and rear of the fender.




Holding the two pieces together by hand to see if I like where it sits. Looks good to me. Time to slap some weld on there and throw it on.



I welded a piece of flat bar across the hoop and drilled a couple holes to mount the fender. I like that it sits a little longer than the average brat/cafe bike. Don't want a dirty stripe up my bike while I'm riding in the wet.



My  bars also came in today. They were a bit wide so I cut 2" off each side.


No comments:

Post a Comment