Wednesday, December 7, 2016

1975 Honda CB125S Seat Hoop Brat

I can't guarantee this bike won't be ugly. I guarantee it won't fast. But it should be fun to ride and I'm sure it will find itself at home in Portland.

So the goal with this bike it to make it a little brat style thing. Why brat style you ask? Well, because it's the least amount of work and won't cost me much money.

I started off with my favorite thing, stripping the bike down. Out came the bandsaw and I hacked away on the frame just behind the shock mounts. Grabbed a section of 7/8" DOM and bent a little hoop, held it on there with one hand, closed my eyes, and welded it on with the other.

I think I'll be chopping the front section off the original seat pan so I get the little section that goes up and over the gas tank mount, then I'll cut out some 18 gauge to finish it up. Will post pics as I get the work done.



No comments:

Post a Comment